Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Memories

Since I posted the photo of my sister and Major Aug. 1962 I had to skip some months to go with the pictures. The only bad thing about our trips to Kansas was saying goodbye, I still remember that feeling today.
Aug.2, 1962-Herb arrived p.m. cleaned up house picked tomatoes
Aug.3, " "-Herbs went to Wichita p.m. after getting battery charged. Larry stayed he & Dad fished eve.
Aug. 4,1962-Hot, Cleaned picked tomatoes and beans got corn made rolls & potato salad, went to Wilson's for picnic eve.
Aug.5,1962-We all went to Knox's for dinner-Larry & Diane went out eve. Kimberly's, Pat & ? Katie & girls here eve.
Aug.6,1962-Herbs went to Wichita, Dad put up voting booths in school house. I picked tomatoes and kidney beans. canned 4 qts. tomatoes and red beans.
Aug.7,1962-Herbs came back from Wichita Diane brought back Larry eve.
Aug.8,1962-Herbs went back to Wichita eve.
Aug.9,1962-Herbs left for home a.m. McGee's came p.m. took us out to eat eve, to Marianas afterwords

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of the letters that my aunt sent me when I was a child. They were always written more like a diary than an actual letter (i.e. "canned tomatoes today...garden will have cukes to pick tomorrow...") Those letters are long gone now, but I still remember the impact they made on me.

    ReplyDelete